Re: Some of our symbols currently still have invisible power pins. We want to fix this but want to give you guys a chance for input first.

On 2018-11-07 7:55 a.m., Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
Am 2018-11-06 16:41, schrieb Rene Pöschl:
Sadly we did not come around to fix all symbols before the v5 release.
[snip]>> Do we need to do this during 5.1?  Or can it simply be done in the v6
branch of the libraries?

If we need to do this during 5.1, I guess I'd prefer option 2 for right
now as that is minimally disruptive.

I agree.  If we push this off to v6 then options 1 and 3 are in play.  I
would probably lean towards option 1 to avoid having multiple libraries
with essentially the same symbols.  The rescue feature should catch any
pin changes although we may want to test a symbol or two before we make
the changes to the library.

When I first read the options I was thinking that option 3 might be the best option long term.

How will not hiding pins affect IC's with multiple parts (e.g. a 7400)? Will each part have the power and ground pins?

If hidden power pins was supposed to have helped with auto-connection of power rails it seems it only worked with power rails with the same type. I have a schematic where I have had to manually tie VDD, VCC, and +5V together and also tied VSS and GND together.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick