Re: Fwd: ABRT report for package kicad has reached 10 occurrences

On 11/26/18 3:30 PM, Simon Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 26.11.18 17:52, Steven A. Falco wrote:
>
>> Since I am one of the packagers for KiCad for Fedora, I get "abort" reports that Fedora has collected from users.
>
>> I'm forwarding one of the reports to see if there is any interest in this data by any KiCad developers.  Please let me know if it is helpful, or if I should just disregard these abort reports.
>
> We've had a similar report on IRC a week ago.
>
> - Is that KiCad 4.0.7, or the 5.0 series?
> - Did the kicad package or one of its dependencies change in the last
> days (because it looks like we have >10 reports in just two days).
>
>    Simon

I'd guess that this is the 5.0 series, because the bug was reported in Fedora 29, and 4.0.7 is not available for Fedora 29.  But someone might have installed an older kicad manually, though.  I'll try to get more information.  What the web page shows is very sketchy.

As to what else might have changed, these are the dependencies shown in the back-trace:

Nov 19th	lib64/libc.so.6
No change	lib64/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
No change	lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0
No change	lib64/libgobject-2.0.so.0
No change	lib64/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
No change	lib64/libwx_baseu-3.0.so.0
No change	lib64/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so.0

So only libc changed - on November 19th.

If I get more info I'll let you know.

	Steve