Re: Debugging Kicad, can this be done with Qt creator?

No need to share project files, its as easy as:

git clone kicad
mkdir kicad\qtcreator

Now create the build path/files with CMake as you normally do.

QtCreator -> NewProject -> Import project -> Import Existing Project

ProjectName: KiCad
Location: kicad/qtcreator
(next)

Files
select kicad/qtcreator for now...

(next)
Remove GIT if you do not want use it
Finish

Go to project KiCad, right click, Add Existing Directory
SourceDirectory: choose kicad main folder
press StartParsing
Checkbox the kicad folder in the list
press OK

( Wait.... )

Go to Projects and use (or create) a Build settings that point to the Build directory that you previously created with the cmake.

Other possible and more easy way with QT Creator is to just open the CMakefile as a project
QtCreator -> Open project -> CMakeLists.txt
then you must deal with cmake process, and thats it ...

Mario