Re: "Fuzzy" antialiasing in eeschema

Am 2019-01-03 22:42, schrieb Alex Lockwood:
Ah, clearly I didn't do a very great job of looking for bug reports.
Thank you.

I wonder whether we could switch to a different antialiasing scheme, or
tweak this one? The antialiased fonts on my system, with lots of similar
features to schematics in eeschema, don't do this...

Maybe but that's a very different AA pipeline. It's not a full-canvas AA, so it doesn't need the Sobel step -- it knows where the font edge is by definition. This is extremely precise and doesn't suffer from the effect you are seeing. But this would need to be performed at the draw stage prior to compositing, which is not how the architecture is setup at the moment. So definitely not a 5.1 change.

But maybe you have some time during the v6 development? *hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge* :)