Re: 5.1.0-rc1

Hello Wayne,

Am 05.02.19 um 19:51 schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
> Hopefully we wont need an -rc2.

would be really cool!

> Unfortunately, this will break all of the linux distro package manager
> version handling because of our previous policy of tagging ahead for the
> next version.  I apologize up front for the issues this is going to
> cause.  This decision falls squarely on my shoulders.

Experienced package maintainer should be able to handle this.

> The clock is ticking for the library, doc, and translation devs.  I
> would really like to get 5.1.0 released by the end of February.  This
> means the libraries, documentation, and translations would have to be
> tagged for 5.1.0 around 2/23 to give our package devs some time to get
> the packages built and uploaded to the website.

If this date is possible with some days of vary there there is a big
chance 5.1.0 will make it into the Debian Buster release! Something I'd
really appreciate to see because of the GTK+3 support. :-)
Otherwise people would directly need to wait for a backport.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert