← Back to team overview

kicad-developers team mailing list archive

Re: 5.1.0-rc1


Hey Carsten,

On 2/6/2019 12:57 AM, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
> Hello Wayne,
> Am 05.02.19 um 19:51 schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
>> Hopefully we wont need an -rc2.
> would be really cool!
>> Unfortunately, this will break all of the linux distro package manager
>> version handling because of our previous policy of tagging ahead for the
>> next version.  I apologize up front for the issues this is going to
>> cause.  This decision falls squarely on my shoulders.
> Experienced package maintainer should be able to handle this.
>> The clock is ticking for the library, doc, and translation devs.  I
>> would really like to get 5.1.0 released by the end of February.  This
>> means the libraries, documentation, and translations would have to be
>> tagged for 5.1.0 around 2/23 to give our package devs some time to get
>> the packages built and uploaded to the website.
> If this date is possible with some days of vary there there is a big
> chance 5.1.0 will make it into the Debian Buster release! Something I'd
> really appreciate to see because of the GTK+3 support. :-)
> Otherwise people would directly need to wait for a backport.

Any idea where we stand with wxPhoenix/python3 builds?  I'm wondering if
we have enough user testing with this configuration to feel comfortable
enabling it for 5.1.  Do we even have any packaged builds with this
configuration for users to test?  I haven't seen any bug reports
directly attributed to this so either it works as well as
wxPython/python2 or very few users are running it and it is not well tested.


Follow ups