Re: [patch] GAL pixel alignment

Am 2019-02-11 05:50, schrieb Tomasz Wlostowski:
On 11/02/2019 05:31, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
1) The blue stroke/green circle on the bitmaps is a bit unclear of
purpose (fallback mode).  It is drawn behind the bitmap, so you only see
it with a masked/alpha bitmap but I think we should not draw it.  The
green circle is cleared after placing but the blue outline remains.

2) Do we need to trim a 1/10th of a radian when drawing the cairo circle in order to close the path?  Is there a reason drawing the full circle> is broken?

Hi Seth,

Could you post some screenshots/projects showing the issues above?

Tom

Hi Tom-

In Fallback, you can place any transparent bitmap to see the green circle. A good example is attached to the bug report [1]. This is due to lines 382-385 in cairo_gal.cpp

Similarly, the arc question is about line 228 of cairo_gal.cpp. We used to draw a circle and I was wondering what the reason was that it changed to the partial arc.

-Seth

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1814893/comments/1