kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Should we create a 5.1.0-rc2 milestone or should we just use 5.1.0 if we
think something needs to be included?
On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 19:52, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm going to tag 5.1.0-rc1 this evening after I get home from work.
> There are still two low priority bugs against the 5.1.0-rc1 milestone
> left which I'm going to let slide and try to get them fixed by the
> stable release. Hopefully we wont need an -rc2.
> Unfortunately, this will break all of the linux distro package manager
> version handling because of our previous policy of tagging ahead for the
> next version. I apologize up front for the issues this is going to
> cause. This decision falls squarely on my shoulders.
> The clock is ticking for the library, doc, and translation devs. I
> would really like to get 5.1.0 released by the end of February. This
> means the libraries, documentation, and translations would have to be
> tagged for 5.1.0 around 2/23 to give our package devs some time to get
> the packages built and uploaded to the website. Please let me know if
> you cannot meet this date.
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
> Post to : kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp