← Back to team overview

kicad-developers team mailing list archive

Re: 5.1.0-rc1


We probably should spin a rc2.  I was planning on using Tom's GAL canvas
fixes as the base line for rc2 so as soon as he gets that merged, we
should start thinking about it.  Hopefully this will be soon.  My goal
is still to get 5.1.0 out by then end of February if at all possible.

On 2/13/2019 4:46 AM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> Should we create a 5.1.0-rc2 milestone or should we just use 5.1.0 if we
> think something needs to be included?
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 19:52, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>     I'm going to tag 5.1.0-rc1 this evening after I get home from work.
>     There are still two low priority bugs against the 5.1.0-rc1 milestone
>     left which I'm going to let slide and try to get them fixed by the
>     stable release.  Hopefully we wont need an -rc2.
>     Unfortunately, this will break all of the linux distro package manager
>     version handling because of our previous policy of tagging ahead for the
>     next version.  I apologize up front for the issues this is going to
>     cause.  This decision falls squarely on my shoulders.
>     The clock is ticking for the library, doc, and translation devs.  I
>     would really like to get 5.1.0 released by the end of February.  This
>     means the libraries, documentation, and translations would have to be
>     tagged for 5.1.0 around 2/23 to give our package devs some time to get
>     the packages built and uploaded to the website.  Please let me know if
>     you cannot meet this date.
>     _______________________________________________
>     Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
>     Post to     : kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     <mailto:kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>     Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
>     More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp