Re: V6 merge priority

Hi JP,

On 3/11/2019 7:42 AM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 10/03/2019 à 01:59, Tomasz Wlostowski a écrit :
>> On 09/03/2019 19:03, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>>> Rather than try to figure out every possible merge combination, I'm
>>> going to prioritize things serially per editor.  The highest priority
>>> are changes those that will or potentially impact later features.
>>>

>> Hi Wayne,
>>
>> If I may add my 5 cents - let's merge the stuff affecting the schematic
>> and board model first so that any refactor later on would not make
>> rebases of the already written features a nightmare. On my side, I would
>> like to:
>> - replace DLISTs<> with Rtrees (BOARD::MarkTrace takes ages on larger
>> boards)
>> - remove remaining references to PCB_EDIT_FRAME (or anything directly
>> GUI-related) from the tool and model code in pcbnew. This way, the tools
>> will be fully portable to any toolkit we might choose in the future and
>> much easier to test.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> T.
>
> Hi All,
>
> I just committed the chamfered pads stuff.
> I of course tested it on a few samples, but not extensively.
>
> Please test it and give feedback.
>
> Thanks.

Please hold off on pushing any more feature changes until I get a chance
to review and test them.  I was actually going to suggest merging the
zone grid fill patch first because I already reviewed and tested it back
when you originally submitted it.  I'm going to leave the pad chamfer in
but I want to see what impact Tom's rtree code will have before we merge
any more new features into pcbnew.

Thanks,