Re: V6 merge priority

Hi Tom,

On 3/9/2019 7:59 PM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> On 09/03/2019 19:03, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> Rather than try to figure out every possible merge combination, I'm
>> going to prioritize things serially per editor.  The highest priority
>> are changes those that will or potentially impact later features.
>>

> Hi Wayne,
>
> If I may add my 5 cents - let's merge the stuff affecting the schematic
> and board model first so that any refactor later on would not make
> rebases of the already written features a nightmare. On my side, I would
> like to:
> - replace DLISTs<> with Rtrees (BOARD::MarkTrace takes ages on larger
> boards)
> - remove remaining references to PCB_EDIT_FRAME (or anything directly
> GUI-related) from the tool and model code in pcbnew. This way, the tools
> will be fully portable to any toolkit we might choose in the future and
> much easier to test.

Are these changes ready to go and will you be readily available should
things go sideways?  How much testing did you do on the rtree changes?
Replacing DLIST has the potential to be disruptive.  I agree that low
level changes like this should happen before we start merging the other
new features.

Wayne