Re: License CC-BY-SA-4.0 used in KiCad

Hello Aimylios,

Am 30.03.19 um 20:42 schrieb Aimylios:
> Hi Carsten,

(no need to address me directly, I'm subscribed to the list)

> your third patch breaks the Fedora nightly builds. This is the error we
> get (see [1] for a full build log):
>
> FAILED:
> ? tag-missing           : <metadata_license> is not present
> Validation of files failed
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.3E6TT2 (%check)
>
> The reason is that the metadata_license tag is mandatory and must not be
> omitted. It indicates the license for the appdata.xml file itself.
> Please take a look at the AppStream specification for details [2].

agreed, I just wondering why this just happens now. The field of the
metadata_license was added by Wayne on Oct 24 2018, that is not that
long ago. And no one has raised their hands as I posted the patch that
was removing that field. ;-)

> I vote for reverting commit e5de787 [3]. In my opinion, CC-BY-SA-4.0 is
> a perfect choice for this kind of file. If the developers prefer a
> different license, that is fine for me as well.

I'm fine if Wayne wants to revert that patch. Depending on the required
or wanted license.

> But please add back the tag, so that we can continue distributing
> nightly builds for Fedora.
Until this happen I'd simply re-add that tag by a local patch.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert