Re: Improving library editor checks

Antonio,

Exactly what checks are you planning on implementing?  As long as they
are generic in nature like off grid pin checking, then I'm fine with
that.  If they are specific KLC checks like spacing, line width, etc,
that is a different issue.  We should not be forcing KLC rules on all
users.  If you wanted to make KLC style checks that can be customized
and disabled to meet each users specific needs, I would be open to that.

This code is not in the ERC code.  Symbol library tests are separate
from the ERC and live in the symbol editor code.  You can find the
symbol library editor code in the ./eeschema/libedit folder in the
source tree.

Thank you in your interest in contributing to KiCad.

Cheers,

Wayne