Re: Improving library editor checks

>From the feedback given I am thinking about changing the proposal.

Given that my ultimate goal was to integrate KLC check into KiCad to
improve the quality of contributions and reduce librarian work, and that
seems conflicting we may need to re-think my approach to the problem.

I don't want to enforce KLC on every user. Furthermore, from your comments
I thought that maybe I am interested in even writing some tests that would
conform with a set of rules that only my organization would care about.
That being said, I came to the conclusion that maybe we could define groups
of tests that could be enabled or disabled depending on user preferences.
For example, KLC could be one of those groups of rules.

John suggested the usage of external scripts. That could be the solution to
various problems. Scripts could be externally updated if needed and they
would also allow to users to write their own checks without having to
recompille the full source code. It would also allow the distribution of
those "groups" of rules suggested above.

Maybe we sould think of a interface that would allow KiCad to look for a
set of Python scripts inside a particular folder to allow us to perform a
certain set of checks that would return result objects that KiCad could
later show.

Is this approach better? If so, given my lack of knowledge about KiCad
codebase, I would need some help designing that interface.

Thank you for your feedback!