Re: PATCH: Raytracing - a more pleasing way sequencing blocks to render ?

Am 2019-05-02 12:37, schrieb Henner Zeller:
On Thu, 2 May 2019 at 09:31, Henner Zeller <h.zeller@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 2 May 2019 at 09:25, Seth Hillbrand <seth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmmm... cache will be local to each core, so the we'll probably get
> speed up by dividing the image into quadrants based on the number of
> threads and having a morton sweep per quadrant.

so on my 16 core, 32 'thread' Ryzen Threadripper, I only see about
1-2% slower execution, so it is probably not a big deal even with a
lot of competing cores.

Having said that, I have some ideas for some further optimizations,
but that would go more into the guts of it (e.g. dividing memory areas
by cores etc.) that I didn't want to start it now for a (hopefully)
5.1 acceptable patch.

(uhm, also we are talking in the wrong email-thread here ... This
should've gone to the
"PATCH: Raytracing - a more pleasing way sequencing blocks to render ?"-thread)

Doh! You are right. Here's the proper thread. Teaches me to do e-mails before morning coffee.

Any event, anyone see issues with the center spiral patch before it is merged?

-S