Re: PATCH: Raytracing - a more pleasing way sequencing blocks to render ?

On 2 May 2019 17:47:59 BST, Seth Hillbrand <seth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Am 2019-05-02 12:37, schrieb Henner Zeller:
>> On Thu, 2 May 2019 at 09:31, Henner Zeller <h.zeller@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Thu, 2 May 2019 at 09:25, Seth Hillbrand <seth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> wrote:
>
>Any event, anyone see issues with the center spiral patch before it is
>merged?

I think it's fine, I played with it quite a bit and didn't see any issues. Could do with a run though the formatter?

I don't think putting it in 5.1 is too controversial either, but it's not really a bug fix as such. I'd support it from a divergence-minimization point of view.

WRT core-local caching, this can still be done centre-first at least for 4 cores by flipping the Morton codes so they all start in the centre. But that can be future research. This is already a really nice update.

Cheers,

John