eeSchema V6 - any thoughts as to tabbed schematics?

Hello Devs

This is well beyond my capabilities, but I have been wondering if having
tabbed schematics is a viable feature for eeSchema?

Currently you have to open another instance of eeSchema or click through to
sheets in order to see other sheets. Tabs would be more convenient than
clicking on a sheet (or multiple levels of sheets), backing out, etc., at
least in many circumstances. So, rather than leaving the current sheet when
clicking down one would open a tab.

In terms of implementation, although, again, this is well beyond my
abilities it seems to me tabbed sheets would mostly be an issue of selecting
which to render and to treat as "on top" or in focus. eeSchema files are
tiny so memory would likely not be an issue.

Anyhow I thought I'd suggest it.

Also, I see lots of talk about the "modern eeSchema". Since I have a few
boards to lay out I'd like to test it, but I don't know where the download
is. I am on Windows and I can build from source.

Brian Piccioni

Follow ups