Re: PATCH: Raytracing - a more pleasing way sequencing blocks to render ?

Hi Henner,

On 5/1/19 9:44 AM, Henner Zeller wrote:
> On Wed, 1 May 2019 at 06:14, John Beard <john.j.beard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 01/05/2019 13:57, Mário Luzeiro wrote:
>>> Hi John,
>>>
>>> yeah the Morton code is to improve cache hits.
>>>
>>> Regarding the speed test, since OS are multi-tasking there could be some interference on the results so 1s difference is not a very measurable difference ( 4% ).
>>> A possibility would be to run the same scene multiple times and make an average of the times.
>>
>> Sure, it was just a fun observation. It does change a bit from run to
>> run, but I was at least expecting a small penalty. Next up, wipes[1] and
>> then perhaps Snake :-D
>>
>> A more robust benchmarking harness would probably be the way to go if we
>> really were serious about putting the pedal to the metal here.
>>
>> But I think the centre-first approach is certainly better usability, but
>> I'm unsure about the checkerboard.
>
> I agree, without checkerboard it makes it quicker to see what is going
> on in the center. Attached the (even simpler) just spiraling out from
> the center patch.

I tested this patch and it works as advertised.  Would you please fix a
few minor coding policy issues (missing spaces after opening and before
closing parentheses) and resubmit it?  There is now a clang-format
(>=3.9) commit hook[1] that allows you to check your code formatting
before you commit.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1]: