Re: Atomic Libraries Proposal

Hi,

just a possibly stupid idea. Maybe it could be an option to move part of the ideas of the new library system into your third entity. Particularly the inheritance stuff might not really be required if your atomic entity is used.

I seem to remember there was talk that this would be quite hard to implement anyways. So if that would make implementation easier then this might be a good way to go. (But maybe i simply missed the point of why inheritance or your system is useful as i kind of thought the inheritance stuff was in there to fulfill exactly what your third file would now do.)

---

You state in the format definition that you do not intent to change anything regarding 3d models. Maybe your file could really go a bit further than you first envisioned and could take care of all possible connections in one system. So lets say it includes not only symbol footprint and bom information but also an optional overwrite for the 3d model as well as a way to define spice models. And possibly also a way to define the symbol pin to footprint and spice model pin mappings. (I would assume that this might be a bit too far so feel free to reject this outright as i must admit i have not yet fully convinced even myself that this would be a good idea. This could even be something that is moved to a second iteration.)