Re: CMake KICAD_SCRIPTING Options Hierarchy

On 2019-06-05 13:03, Ian McInerney wrote:
I was just noticing based on a post on the kicad forums that the CMake
script will forcefully enable KICAD_SCRIPTING if either
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENUS or KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES is turned on.
This means to really disable scripting the user has to explicitly
force all 3 to off (since they are all on by default). Is there are
reason for making those two options take priority over the overall
scripting support option instead of having KICAD_SCRIPTING take
priority and disable those two when it is disabled? It seems more
intuitive if KICAD_SCRIPTING has overall control of the scripting
environment, and the others are dependent upon it.

I'd be in favor of collapsing all scripting into a single option. Anyone feel like that might cause issues?

-Seth