C++14 (redux)

Hi Devs-

Now that Ubuntu 14.04LTS support has ended, are we building any platforms that do not support C++14 (gcc prior to version 5)?

If not, can we bump our compiler language support to C++14? This would allow us to drop the ban on certain version of GLM as well as our custom-rolled std::make_unique. There are a few language features (generalized lambda captures!) that would tighten up quite a bit of code if available.

Obviously if we are still supporting a C++11 only system, this should be delayed.

Best-
Seth

Follow ups