Re: Pcbnew file format

Looking through our current set of board setup properties, only solder_mask_min_width would join edge_clearance in a design_rules section.

Most of the other properties are either most-recently-used values (zone_clearance, via_size, etc.) or true DRC values (uvias_allowed, trace_min, etc.).

The outlier is max_error, which is mostly a performance vs beauty trade-off, but does affect the generated board.

So,

1) leave solder_mask_min_width and edge_clearance in setup for now

2) create a design_rules section for solder_mask_min_width and edge_clearance

3) leave edge_clearance in the project file for now

I think I’d vote for (1) simply because I don’t know how (2) will play with Jon’s stuff.  But the only one I don’t like is (3).

Cheers,
Jeff.