Re: 5.1.3 release

The release candidates would be a good idea if we think anyone would test them.   The failure mode would be if all those willing to take the risk were only willing to take it in order to see the next major version (ie: were running the master nightlies).

Another option would be to only back-port critical (and perhaps high) priority bugs to the dot-release branches….