Re: Patch: Fixing a compile error on Power PC

On 2019-08-26 16:05, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
On 26/08/2019 17:24, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
Agreed.  That looks like it may be have been a rebase issue as the
commit was for MSVC and shouldn't affect PPC.

@Tom, shout if you see an issue here.  I've pushed the patch to master
in the meantime.

I don't see a technical issue, but rather a practical one: why Linux
distributions dictate us what architectures we should support?

I've never seen a machine with a little-endian PPC.

Tom

The LE variant is the PPC future starting with POWER8[1][2].

[1] https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=POWER-PPC64-Discontinue-Fedora
[2] https://developer.ibm.com/articles/l-power-little-endian-faq-trs/