Re: Kicad support for Linux on PPC

Ok, thanks!
I will give it a try on my PPC64 machine!

I have a question: at the moment I have on PPC64 ubuntu 16.04 and Kicad 4
installed from ubuntu packages. In the same machine I have compiled from
sources (as the patches of mine) Kicad 5 and installed in a different path
/opt/kicad-5 . Which is the best option?

0- backup of my projects made with Kicad 4

1- Remove Kicad 4 as Ubuntu package (apt remove ...)
    Add your ppa
    Install kicad-5.1 from your repo
    Hope for the best for converting from 4 to 5.

2- Add your ppa
   Install kicad-5.1 over the version 4
   Hope for the best for converting from 4 to 5

3- Compile 5.1 from sources and install it in another path /opt/kicad-5.1

What do you think?

Best regards,
Gianluca