Re: Do Not Fit

> I understand your frustration but I'm currently working on the new file
> format so I am not interested in adding a new feature to the current
> schematic file format.  This feature is already rolled into the new
> schematic file format.  I should have most of this work complete by the
> end of the year so it makes no sense to divert resources from the new
> file format development to test and maintain the proposed changes to the
> current file format.  The current file format is frozen permanently so
> that we can focus on the new format.

Wayne, thanks for your prompt feedback on this. Can I ask, does the new
format support simple "DNF" marking or full variant support?

Nobody in this thread has yet mentioned KiBoM, which has this
> kind of capability.  It has its quirks, to be sure, but I would
> recommend investigating it first, before starting to write something new.

I actually wrote that tool (many moons ago) to fill the gaps of KiCad
assembly management. I would love to see some if its features integrated
into KiCad directly.