Re: Mac folks, Catalina help?

> On Oct 7, 2019, at 12:04 PM, Adam Wolf <adamwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi folks!
>
> The latest version of macOS went public today, and we have an issue
> where you can't make a new project on it :)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1834717
>
> I want to get a better debugging setup in Catalina so I can maybe see
> a better stack trace, but it's going to take a few days.  I spent a
> lot of time over the last two weeks debugging an issue with simulation
> with ngspice issue with Holger (which seem to be much better now!) and
> need to hit some other deadlines before I can spend a lot more time on
> KiCad.
>
> If there's mac dev folks who have a setup where they can dig in,
> awesome.  If not, that's OK--it'll just take me a bit before I can
> dive into this.
>
> If someone could amend our website so it's clear that there are issues
> on Catalina right now but we're working through them, that would
> probably help the support load.

I installed Catalina this afternoon and started Kicad 5.1.4 without any problems.

Application: KiCad
Version: (5.1.4-0-10_14), release build
Libraries:
    wxWidgets 3.0.4
    libcurl/7.64.1 SecureTransport (LibreSSL/2.8.3) zlib/1.2.11 nghttp2/1.39.2
Platform: Mac OS X (Darwin 19.0.0 x86_64), 64 bit, Little endian, wxMac
Build Info:
    wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,STL containers,compatible with 2.8)
    Boost: 1.69.0
    OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
    Curl: 7.54.0
    Compiler: Clang 9.0.0 with C++ ABI 1002