Re: GitLab migration

>  I've applied for an open source GitLab license.  Assuming we get
accepted,

Technically not required for now. The license just unlocks extra features
but the base free feature set is more than adequate for now.

>Would it be possible to migrate open bug reports to GitLab?  I suspect
>we could come up with a script like we did when we migrated from
>SourceForge.

Basically, yes and no. You can copy the content of issues over no problem.
You cannot copy over the authors of comments and posts. It'll have to done
under some fake/throwaway user account for migration as it'll become owner
of them all.

>What to do about the mailing list?  GitLab doesn't support mailing lists
>yet so I'm thinking we leave the mailing list on Launchpad for the short
>term.  We can always migrate the mailing list at a later date or use
>some other communication tool such as discourse.

Someone was adding mailing list functionality to GitLab a few months ago
but the PRs been sitting for a few months.
Yes, either a forum or google groups would be an alternative.

A forum can be inviting to the most inexperienced users. But because I that
I would say an absolute minimum is there must some level of segregation to
prevent developers being flooded with tech support.