Re: GitLab migration

We would just run it on the same CERN openshift cluster as the website.

I would volunteer as this is literally what I do at work (maintain a 100+
man GitLab instance among many other bits of infrastructure) but the real
question is what is the benefit?
You really don't want to be modifying GitLab itself as it's one hell of a
rabbit hole and gitlab is constantly releasing new versions and if you
start modifying things you end up even deeper in the rabbithole trying to
keep up with patches.

At work we self-host only for intellectual property and the US has
third-world internet reasons.