Re: Minimum Boost version

I wasn't getting any nightly package update lately and checking [1] I've
just noticed this boost bump has left Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial) out.
Ubuntu 16.04 will be supported until April 2021 [2].

Was this overlooked when checking distros? Or was it a deliberate decision?
Is there anything that can be done?
I've been planning to move to a newer Ubuntu LTS release for some time but
didn't really have the need while it is supported (everything stable and
working very well).
I guess there may be more people in a situation similar to mine.

Cheers,
Diego

[1] https://launchpad.net/~js-reynaud/+archive/ubuntu/kicad-dev-nightly
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_version_history#Table_of_versions