Re: 5.1.5 release status

On 2019-10-21 22:08, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
Hi,

Am 21.10.19 um 23:16 schrieb Ian McInerney:
We also seem to have assertions enabled in the Debian build (there have
been two reports from users [1], [2]). Is this something we control as
well, or is the the distribution packaging forcing them on?

the Debian build configuration is visible in the GitLab repo for KiCad
on Salsa.

https://salsa.debian.org/electronics-team/KiCad/kicad
https://salsa.debian.org/electronics-team/KiCad/kicad/blob/debian/sid/debian/rules

I'm happily taken any patches if provided.

Hi Carsten-

Why do you have "hardening=+all" enabled? This is likely where the assertions are happening. We might consider "hardening=-all,+format,+fortify"

Note, this is different from the mac builds where the debug asserts are happening in the wx code.

-Seth

Seth Hillbrand
KiCad Services Corporation
https://www.kipro-pcb.com