Re: macos dev environment

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 4:15 PM Bernhard Stegmaier
<stegmaier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don’t know about ngspice or Python scripting, I don’t use them.
> Maybe you just need to supply a suitable path to cmake when building?

That ngspice path is correct, otherwise it wouldn't even build it with
ngspice support as far as I know.

However, I could get it to find ngspice by:

$ export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/lijon/Coding/kicad-mac-builder/build/ngspice-dest/lib
$ kicad/kicad.app/Contents/MacOS/kicad

Or, by placing a symlink to libngspice inside the kicad.app bundle:

$ mkdir kicad/kicad.app/Contents/PlugIns/sim
$ ln -s /Users/lijon/Coding/kicad-mac-builder/build/ngspice-dest/lib/libngspice.0.dylib
kicad/kicad.app/Contents/PlugIns/sim/libngspice.0.dylib

and then opening kicad.app as usual (in Finder or using the "open"
shell command)

> When you do a "make install" the binaries in the build folder are not usable directly any more.
> The bundling process of a “make install” rewrites the library paths in all binaries/libs so that it only fits the layout of the bundle, but not the layout of the build folders.
> So, it is expected that it crashes or some other bad things happen, because it won’t find libs any more.

Yes, I see.

--
/Jonatan
http://kymatica.com