Re: Plugin/3rd party content manager

ti 26. marrask. 2019 klo 11.27 Nick Østergaard (oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx)
kirjoitti:

> I don't know if you use freecad, if you do you probably used the addon
> manager. It is quite helpful in installing python plugins.
>
> It is probably worth reviewing how it works conceptually.

Yes, I know about it. For me it was easier to start from scratch. And I'm a
bit more ambitious than the FreeCAD plugin manager, although my skills
don't always follow :)

Here's a forum discussion:
https://forum.kicad.info/t/one-script-to-rule-them-all/8935. Try to skip
the unpleasant parts.

I don't remember all the details anymore, but I think I already envisioned
and maybe partly implemented more generic purpose features than I
originally intended. Of course bobc was right and the manager should manage
all kinds of downloadable content. One misunderstanding I would like to
remove in the very beginning. This is not tied to any one central
repository. It's just a matter of configuration and implementation details.
The end user could configure different repositories or single package
description sources. A "repository" is just one URL where several package
descriptions can be found. Of course that URL should be configurable,
chosen from a list etc.

Eeli Kaikkonen