Re: suggestion: git branching model

Good points. However, I still think it might make sense to have at
least one more level of granularity, and use temporary branches for
major changes etc. so that they can be tested before being merged into
master. Simply, to make a merge request for big changes even if done
by one of the core developers. Going back to the 5.1 branch just to
have a non-crashing version of kicad is quite a leap.