Re: FOSDEM 2020

Hi Folks-

Apparently the Zulip links expire after a few weeks. So I've re-generated the link for anyone who wants to join us at FOSDEM. You can join the zulip chat channel at

https://kicad.zulipchat.com/join/28e94soy5k0ugr0iibuuda32/

Looking forward to seeing folks in Brussels.

Best-
Seth

On 2019-12-10 14:19, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
Hi Folks-

FOSDEM 2020 is a little more than 1 month away and we're hoping to get
a good group of KiCad folks together at and around the weekend.

Last year, we tried a group chat system using WhatsApp to coordinate
and meetup.  It worked well but many folks had well-justified concerns
about utilizing a closed solution for this, especially one controlled
by Facebook.

This year, we're going to use Zulip[1], which is open source from app
to core.  It's similar to Slack or Mattermost or other chat systems.
It has decent desktop and web interfaces as well as phone apps.  The
website doesn't size very well for phone usage but the phone specific
apps do well.

We've set up a FOSDEM-specific room for event-related conversations
and coordination on site.  You can join the room at ---

As we get closer to the event, we'll start planning the KiCad group
dinner again this year.

Best-
Seth

--
KiCad Services Corporation KiCad Services Corporation Logo
Seth Hillbrand