Re: auto conversion of sch file not working

On 1/23/20 11:20 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> On 1/21/20 9:59 AM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> There should be an entry
>>
>> [eeschema/libraries]
>> LibNameN=mylib
>

> Wayne,
>
> You da man,
> still.

I'm glad this resolved your issue.

> Rene,
>
> Thanks for extending a helping hand.
>
> ---------------
>
> I loaded the schematic OK now.
> I note that an improvement is possible.  After clicking "Remap Symbols", my *.pro file is
> stripped of old library information
>
>  *and is saved to disk*

Unfortunately this is a side affect of having to still use the cache
library using the old PART_LIBS object.  Removing all of the library
entries, saving the project file, and reloading PART_LIBS with just the
cache library was the only I could ensure that there would be no
duplicate symbol library look up issues.  Once the new schematic file
format is implemented this problem goes away because all of the library
symbols will be embedded in the schematic and we can once and for all
eliminate this issue.

> before I subsequently am given a choice to "Save" or "Close" in the next part of the Remap
> Symbols dialog activity sequence.
>
> I would prefer that the modification of the *.pro file (on disk) only happen if I "Save".
>  Because during multiple failed attempts, one has to revert to the original old-school
> library laden *.pro file to try again.

A backup of all files modified by the remapping algorithm is placed in
the ${KIPRJMOD}/rescue-backup folder just in case things go sides.
Please let me know if this failed in your case.