Thank you so much for your help!

Removing the Msys2 versions of inkscape and then installing the windows package and adjusting my path to

    export PATH=$PATH:"/c/Program Files/Inkscape"

and then commenting out line 33 in zutil.h, recompiling and replacing pngcrush seemed to work.

I am providing details in case others have this challenge.

I am now waiting for the compile to run but it seems happy.

Thanks again!

Brian

On 2020-02-04 12:27 p.m., jp charras wrote:
Le 04/02/2020 à 17:32, Brian Piccioni a écrit :
JP

Thanks for this.

Unfortunately, inkscape and pngcrush seem to be a work in process on Msys.

If I install the package

     $ pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-inkscape

and run inkscape I get the error

     $ inkscape
     C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/inkscape.exe: error while loading shared
libraries: libpoppler-89.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

If I build inkscape in MSYS and run make install I get

     [  0%] Built target potrace
     make[2]: Entering directory '/home/bjpic/debug'
     [  0%] Creating 48 pixel tall
C:/msys64/home/bjpic/debug/bitmaps_png/tmp/wizard_add_fplib_icon.png
     Unknown option --without-gui
     [  0%] Creating 16 pixel tall
C:/msys64/home/bjpic/debug/bitmaps_png/tmp/folder.png
     Unknown option --without-gui
     [  0%] Creating cleaned file
C:/msys64/home/bjpic/kicad/bitmaps_png/png_16/folder.png

running inkscape --without-gui causes the same error.

Similarly, installing the pngcrush package in msys2 pacman -S
mingw-w64-x86_64-pngcrush results in the warning

$ pngcrush
Warning: versions are different between png.h and png.c
   png.h version: 1.6.34
   png.c version: 1.6.37

Making pngcrush under msys2 fails with a forced error.

In general it seems that many related utilities under Msys2 are a dogs
breakfasts.

Perhaps for the moment it would be best if I simply made my bitmaps
manually.

Brian

I have no issues with inkscape and pngcrush.
However:
- Inkscape is installed from binaries coming from Inkscape site.
- pngcrush was built on msys2 by me from pngcrush sources.
This is a very small program and it is easy to build on msys2.
However, to build it, remove (or comment) the line 33 in zutil.h
"typedef long ptrdiff_t;  /* guess -- will be caught if guess is wrong */"
to avoid a conflict with a mingw included file.

the first useful line of my script running cmake is:
export PATH=$WXMSW:$PATH:/d/inkscape:/d/pngcrush

You will have to remove inkscape from msys2.

Attached, my msys2 script to run cmake.

Good luck...