Annotation Epic/Geographic reannotation

Hello

I haven't had any feedback/comments regarding my merge request or Annotation suggestion for quite a few days now so I don't know whether my comments/pushes are being broadcast or people are simply busy working on other things.

So, sorry for the spam.

I just added this to the Annotations epic (https://gitlab.com/groups/kicad/code/-/epics/19) as I have been working on annotation. I would appreciate any feedback on the issues mentioned below.

1) No undo for annotation dialog
    Problem: eeSchema undo seems to be page confined.
    Fixing this would probably be a good idea but a lot of work and likely beyond my abilities     at a this time. I can make a special "undo" stack for annotation as a stop gap.

2) Annotate while adding is a WIP see https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg42354.html

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1660134 for items 4 - 6.
4) Annotate selection

    I should be able to manage this

5) Anotate without a number
6) Annotate number only.

   5 and 6 seem pretty straightforward to implement though there are filters on dialogs which will    have to be fixed. There may be an issue with transfer between schematic and PCB    (i.e. Update PCB to/from schematic) as well as geographic annotation from the PCB as error    checking is done on all of these. I am working on a unified reference "splitter" for eeSchema and
   PCBNew to ensure consistency.

   My concern is that annotation seems pretty well woven into eeSchema, DRC, library editor, etc., and    something will break if we do this. For example, having a reference with RK causes DRC to ask for    annotation as does updating PCB from Schematic. If things break they can be fixed, but what if the
   breakage is only apparent on edge conditions? How can we test?

8) Subsheets don't match multi-unit element annotations. (lp:#1788976)
   I do not understand this

9) Implement more (and custom?) annotation schemes https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1800726    I have already coded prefixs to allow for IEE 200, etc.. One can then annotate sheet by sheet    to give a prefix to each sheet. Alternatively we could add a sheet specific symbol/flag/notation    which defines a prefix per sheet. I suspect that reannotating each sheet with a sheet prefix
   would meet most use cases.

10) Clear annotation does not work under MSW https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/issues/1942     I cannot replicate this. The results I get are different from the video. It works fine for me.

Follow ups