Re: Is it really the case that installing KiCad on a Mac requires manually copying files around?

I really do not think that is necessary. Anyone who has owned a Mac
for more than a few hours (the initial install/setup phase) will be
well acquainted with the process.

The KiCad macOS download page is already a bit "complicated" and
"confusing" for us "special Mac people". Usually it's just an empty
page with a big download button ;)

https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/mac/