Re: Consider changing .pro extension in the future

You heard it here first: not a tentative plan, a definite plan :) (or at
least as definite as these things get)

Project format will be changing, and the extension will change to kicad_pro
along with it.
The extension change will not apply to the existing file format.
This change is tied to other work to extract project settings from various
files and put them in a more logical place, to make it easier to copy
settings between projects and enable other features.