Re: Eeschema annotate block / specific component types proposal

Le 07/05/2020 à 20:15, Jeff Young a écrit :
> Hi James,
>
> You might first want to download one of the nightlies (5.99) and play with it.  Block selections are gone: eeschema now has a “normal” selection model where you click on things and/or drag-select and they get highlighted.
>
> So from the GUI perspective you’d just need to add the options to the Scope section of the Annotate dialog.
>
> I believe there’s already a Wishlist item for this in the issue database.
>
> I suck at git, so you don’t want to know what I do for branching, etc. ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Jeff.

Annotating just a selected area is not trivial:

- What about multi-units components: for instance what about renaming 2 of 5 units when one unit is the unit handling the power pins?
this is the best way to break a design.
- What about complex hierarchies: selecting an area selects in fact as many areas as sheet instances.

- and what about multi-units components in complex hierarchies.

Good luck with block annotation.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS