Re: How do we envision Pad Stacks?

I thought at one time we had an initial proposal document written for
pad stacks but I cannot seem to find it.  I thought it was either Orson
or Tom who wrote it but maybe I'm remembering this wrong.  If not, we
need to create one to make sure we have it well defined before any
implementation can be done.

I think most EDA pad stack editors allow for different shapes per layer
so we should probably follow suite.  I would think a pad stack would be
used for allowing SMD pads to be placed on inner layers although I have
not idea how this is handled by other EDAs.