Re: Granularity of DRC error code

Another example I just thought of (not involving costs): differential pair
rules. We could have a category "Trace length mismatch" (or some other
name...), and then someone could define rules such that:
Rule 1) If mismatch > x, flag the "Trace length mismatch" as an error
Rule 2) If mismatch > y, flag the "Trace length mismatch" as a warning

When x > y and rule 1 is a higher priority, this can then basically allow
for a zone for the DRC to flag the length mismatch where the design will
still work, but is not ideal as a warning, and any larger values where the
design would fail as an error.

-Ian