Re: Auto-generated backup files: are they useful?

On Tue, 2020-06-30 at 09:28 +0200, jp charras wrote:

> For me, backups are like a accident insurance: you need them and you hope never use them.
>
> And about VCS use:
>
> Many good electronics guys do not even know what is it, and have never compiled any source code.
> Electronics world and Software world are not exactly the same world.

This is unfortunately true.  It's also true that other commercial EDA
solutions are now moving towards providing built-in GIT support.  It's
inevitable -- the benefits are too obvious.  The VCS is the backup.  If
not, chances are it's being used wrongly.

There are also "software developers" out there who still use zip files
as a backup & VCS system.  And probably there are people still doing
dot & tape board layout...

The world is changing.  Hopefully for the better :)

Cheers,
Oleg