Re: New Build Dependencies: Lemon + GTK3

Mark,

Am 03.08.20 um 20:19 schrieb Mark Roszko:
But this is also a nightmare.

I don't know what you mean here.

1. The main issue is the tool is not a real independent tool, it is only maintained within sqlite and everyone using it outside of that are "welcome to" by sqlite but the global library that's available is quite out of scope of the sqlite maintainers.

The situation for lemon isn't that bad.
It's not an dedicated special thing within SQlite, it's included in the main source. So up-streaming any issues could be more worse I guess. Security isn't the main problem here. This would be more an out of date for functionality.

2. Which now leads to the scenario like Arch Linux has. There is no official repo with lemon. Only a 5-years out of date user repo that is not exactly helping with that security goal ;)

That's a problem of Arch distro then I'd say. Arch is for sure having SQlite as package, how about convincing the package maintainer to also ship the lemon part? Technically this can't be that difficult.

--
Regards
Carsten