Re: running gerbview from local build on macOS

I see! But isn't gerbview always run standalone? Running pcbnew and
eeschema from the main kicad project manager works fine from the build
directory, as long as you don't open a pcb or schematic which are not
named the same as the project - then it will launch a standalone
instance.