Re: Automatic assignment of footprint with a database

On 8/27/20 10:04 PM, Jon Evans wrote:

You can also choose to place symbols from a regular KiCad symbol library.
So you could just choose an inductor symbol, which would have no footprint association. Later when you know what inductor you need, you can replace that with a specific inductor from the database, which will bring in a footprint association with it.

Yes this sounds like I proposed. For a part all checked symbols can be assigned. So choosing a part which is not compatible with the current symbol raises an error.