Re: Build problem of current master tree

Le 02/01/2021 à 18:11, Carsten Schoenert a écrit :
Am 02.01.21 um 18:07 schrieb jp charras:
What is the problem with these files?
They are build in tree in case you do a configure out of tree?

They are already the final header files built from the corresponding .md
files.
In my eyes it's simply the wrong way to build files in another place
than I do configuring things, that's not expected by the user.

These files encode the md strings in .md source files. They where previously html encoded strings inside .h files.

But html strings are extremely hard to translate, and where replaced by md strings.

The reason they are inside the source is *exactly* the same as we have also  the .cpp icon files in sources.

All these files are automatically created from .md files or .svg files, and I do not remember any issue about them.

But we certainly cannot  expect a "user" who just translate strings to be able to build and compile Kicad. This is not (as you know) a basic thing.

We also cannot  expect a guy who try to build Kicad to also install (and perhaps build) the tools to create the .cpp icons files from the .svg files.

Users and developers are not always the same guys and do not have the same skill.

--

Jean-Pierre CHARRAS