Re: Build problem of current master tree

On 1/2/21 6:31 PM, jp charras wrote:

> Le 02/01/2021 à 18:11, Carsten Schoenert a écrit :
>> Am 02.01.21 um 18:07 schrieb jp charras:
>>> What is the problem with these files?
>> They are build in tree in case you do a configure out of tree?
>>
>>> They are already the final header files built from the corresponding .md
>>> files.
>> In my eyes it's simply the wrong way to build files in another place
>> than I do configuring things, that's not expected by the user.
>
> These files encode the md strings in .md source files. They where
> previously html encoded strings inside .h files.

I know it's not always obvious what is part of the source and what is
the result of the build, so there will be some... borderline cases.

But maybe they should not be deleted by a "make clean" then if they are
included in the git repo and will be recreated in the source tree after
deletion?

I'm not a kicad developer, so take this with a few grains of salt, but I
had the impression this discussion was going around in circles, so...

Cheers,
Heiko

--
eMails verschlüsseln mit PGP - privacy is your right!
Mein PGP-Key zur Verifizierung: http://pgp.mit.edu