Re: canvas_type configuration in different subprograms in 5.99?

That key is part of the shared configuration class that is inherited by all
the specific application configuration classes.

Not all the applications actually make use of their own key.  For example,
the symbol editor will just use the eeschema setting, and the footprint
editor just uses the pcbnew setting.

I have not looked through the code to verify which of the other
applications actually make use of their key vs. inheriting from one of the
"main" programs.

-Jon